Thursday, January 21, 2010

WH Auden

WH Auden recommends that you do this:

"O plunge your hands in water
Plunge them in up to the wrist,
Stare stare in the basin
And wonder what you've missed."

I like kind of cryptic poems and lyrics sometimes, and hopefully that isn't pretentious. This somehow spoke to me. Today was an ok day. I went to work like a good girl and tonight I plan to hang out with my roommates and make nut and cranberry muffins and maybe watch Grey Gardens. It's a documentary from 1975 about some of Jacqueline Kennedy's relatives who live in this decaying mansion in the Hamptons. Kind of weird but weird is what I go for. I got lots of hugs today from kids so the day can't be all bad, right? I just try to remind myself that this job is a stepping stone to something better-being a teacher with my own classroom. Hope everyone is doing well....

No comments:

Post a Comment