Saturday, May 15, 2010

Free Friday!


I went to Goodwill today and I found this fun Yellowstone park plate for a dollar. If YOU want it, let me know and I'll send it off. I want Friday to be sometimes Free Friday, and sometimes Fun Times Friday.

Today I went to the animal shelter to play with kitties, had a hamburger at Kincaid's and browsed Goodwill so I really don't have anything to complain about. I also went to see the new Robin Hood movie with like 20 people I know, and that really made my day just being around them all. The movie was absolutely great the first half, but then I started noticing all the loose plot ends and silly flourishes that kept the movie from being a new favorite. Why can't movie directors and screenwriters just occasionally opt for a more subtle approach and modest scope? Make a movie about Robin Hood or make a movie about the Magna Carta, but don't combine both. And don't have so many plot lines twisting around that you can't give each of them the time they deserve. I don't like it when movies disappoint me. Russell Crowe is a great, believable Robin Hood though. I still think his best movie so far is LA Confidential, and his worst A Beautiful Mind, but not because I don't like him, I just thought the movie was a little too big for its britches. And now I'll stop trying to be Roger Ebert and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment